OPTIVE®’s unique dual-action formula provides comfort to the eyes.
OPTIVE® lubricates the surface of the eye and moisturizes the ocular surface cells by restoring natural osmotic balance.
OPTIVE® contains a unique, mild, non-sensitizing preservative PURITE® which ultimately breaks down into natural tear components on the eye (sodium chloride and water).
Each mL contains:
carboxymethylcellulose sodium 0.5% and glycerin 0.9% with: boric acid, calcium chloride dihydrate, erythritol, levocarnitine, magnesium chloride hexahydrate, potassium chloride, purified water, PURITE® (stabilized oxychloro complex), sodium borate decahydrate, and sodium citrate dihydrate.
• For the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or exposure to wind or sun. • May be used as a protectant against further irritation.
Place 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed.
- Do not use if allergic to any of the ingredients
- Do not swallow solution
- To avoid contamination, do not touch bottle tip on any surface, and avoid direct contact with the eye
- Close the bottle tightly immediately after use
- Do not use after expiry date marked on the product
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not use the bottle if the tamper-proof seal on the bottle neck is broken before you first use it
- Allow 5 minutes between the administrations of ophthalmic products
If you have continued problems please discuss with your eye care specialist.
The following side effects may occur: Eyes stinging, burning, irritation or itching, excessive tearing, unusual eye secretions, eye redness, reduced sharpness of vision, blurred vision, sensitivity to light and dry eyes (lack of effect).
OPTIVE® Lubricant Eye Drops is supplied in plastic dropper bottles containing 15mL