When you need overnight relief for occasional constipation and irregularity, reach for Dulcolax® Laxative Tablets. They’re easy to swallow, gentle on your stomach and deliver what you want most when you can’t go—predictability.
- Comfort-coated tablets
- Contains the active ingredient bisacodyl
- The #1 doctor recommended stimulant laxative brand
Adults and children over 12 can take 1 to 3 tablets in a single daily dose for up to 7 days. If this is the first time taking a laxative for constipation, we recommend taking 1 to 2 tablets in a single daily dose. Take tablets 30 to 60 minutes before your normal bedtime to produce a bowel movement the next morning. With experience, you may increase your daily dosage to 2 or 3 tablets, if needed.
Laxatives for constipation can generally be taken at any time except within 1 hour of consuming dairy products or antacids. They have a special ‘enteric coating’, which protects the tablet from the stomach’s acidic environment and ensures it’s released in the small intestine, where it’s needed most.
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Bisacodyl USP 5 mg
- for relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
Do not use if you cannot swallow without chewing
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
When using this product
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- it may cause stomach discomfort, faintness and cramps
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding,ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take with a glass of water
Adults and children 12 years of age and over
1 to 3 tablets in a single daily dose
Children 6 to under 12 years of age
1 tablet in a single daily dose
Children under 6 years of age
ask a doctor
- Do not use if individual blister unit is open or torn.